Sunday, August 21, 2011

#11 Lauren DromDrom




This DromDrom is one of my favorites.
It has my favorite colors in it.
I made it for a friend, named Lauren.
And I hear she wears it everywhere she goes.
That makes me very happy.
This bag is made from a jean skirt
and a pair of slacks.

Around the time I made Lauren's DromDrom, 
I was trying to decide on a name for my bags.
I had recently gotten back from Europe and Morocco,
Where I had the pleasure of riding a dromedary.


As you can see, 
I really enjoyed that experience.
When deciding on a name, I was trying to think simplistically:
What do you look like when you wear one of my bags...
I thought to myself.
Bingo.

drom·e·dar·y

[drom-i-der-ee, druhm-]
noun, plural -dar·ies.
the single-humped camel, Camelus dromedarius,  of Arabia and northern Africa.




1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with this one. Definitely my favorite. Can I buy one from you!??!?! =)

    ReplyDelete